10 Newborn Photography Props You'll Need - By Virginia Hager




Newborn photography props are very popular at the moment in newborn photography sessions. And no wonder! There are so many available from many prop vendors and they really add the finishing touch to your images. I have spent many hours searching for beautiful newborn photography props and have put together a list of my favourites for you below. I hope that it helps you create lovely images!

1. Tiebacks: These must be the most popular newborn photography prop. I own a lot of these - in many different colors and textures! I normally find it's best to have a couple of tiebacks in each colour to match the other accessories you own.

2. Flokati Rugs: I own several of these beautiful rugs and swear by them for each and every session I have. They add a gorgeous texture to each image I take and are available in many lovely colors. Flokati rugs are so classic and beautiful and newborns love snuggling into them.

3. Stretch wraps: I own several stretch wraps and use them at every newborn session. Wraps are perfect to use at the beginning of every session. In general most newborns like to be wrapped. If a newborn is unsettled then using a wrap is a perfect way of getting them comfortable. Stretch wraps are available in many gorgeous colors and I always make sure to have a large selection at each newborn photography session.

4. Throws and blankets: I just love throws and blankets! Throws are used to cover a beanbag for those gorgeous up-close shots, and really can make an image. Blankets can be used underneath a tiny newborn as a lovely layer to add texture. Throws and blankets are always washed after sessions if they become soiled by little newborns! My favourite spot to look for blankets is Tuesday Morning, Home Goods and TJ Maxx.

5. Knitted bonnets: I 'm a bonnet addict! Knitted bonnets are such a beautiful addition to your newborn sessions. Once I capture the first image I generally put a cute knitted bonnet on the newborn. I use bonnets which are stretchy and extremely soft. Handmade items such as knitted bonnets really add a gorgeous organic touch to your newborn session. My favourite hat manufacturer is After the Bulge.

6. Wooden bowls: I own several beautiful wooden bowls of many different sizes and textures. Brown, whitewash, pink, blue - wooden bowls are available in so many different designs and colors. Wooden bowls are fantastic to fill with your favorite newborn photography props. They are definitely one of the most used props that I have, and my favorite bowl manufacturer is Amazon.

7. Fluffy dream layers: These are the most divine prop you can own! They are soft and beautiful, made from merino wool. So perfect for a little newborn to be placed on! I own several fluffy dream layers in many beautiful colors and am always asked where I have bought them from. They are one of the most gorgeous newborn photography props.

8. Stretch headbands: Apart from tiebacks, stretch headbands are one of the most popular newborn photography props to use. They are easy to use, with the headband simply slipping onto a newborn's head. I love the stretchy feel and look of these props. If you're not quite confident using tiebacks, then definitely use a few stretch headbands in your session. They are one of the go-to newborn photography props!

9. Newborn sets: Another of my favorite newborn photography props. There are so many different newborn sets available from different vendors, but I love those from Macys. They use gorgeous upcycled fabrics, lace and ribbon to create the most lovely pants, bonnets and headbands. Newborn sets are so cute on newborns and are a must to add to your newborn prop collection.

10. Felted blankets: these are so beautiful and are very popular right now. They are created in many different colors and textures using beautiful natural wool which is felted. Felted blankets are handmade and add a lovely touch to your newborn photography session. When you place a newborn on top of one, it really completes an image! They are one of my most-used newborn photography props.

When posing newborns with props essential things to remember: Always ensure that there's a weight in the bottom of the props so that they do not tip over. It is also important to have someone assisting you with posing the newborn during the session. For more information and adorable newborn photography props visit http://www.PrincessandthePeaProps.com.


Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Virginia_Hager/2107772



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8983901

Comments

Popular Posts