Newborn Photography For The Beginner by Paul Simon D Henry


I have been involved with photography for many years, I started my interest when I was about 12 which is more years ago than I care to remember. Back then my mother had set up her own darkroom in the house and I would join here in there watching the magic of pictures appearing from nowhere.

A lot has changed over the last few years in Photography, as well as my Life. But although equipment and styles have changed there a lot of fundamentals that remain the same...


One of the biggest changes came for me when I became a parent myself, before then I mostly took portfolio pictures for performers. But once I was presented with this tiny little baby I found a new love in Photography as well as my life.

Newborns are one of the best things there are to take pictures of, especially if you want to make a career out of photography. Due to the emotion and love attached to newborns, as long as you take a good picture people will love it. Because of the emotions involved with babies, coupled with trends set by geniuses such as Ann Getty, there is now a huge market for newborn photographers, especially creative or contemporary photographers.

All though Newborns don't move much it does take quite a bit to get the perfect shots so here a few handy tips that I have learnt along the way.

First of all spend a little time with baby and mum when you arrive don't be afraid to ask for a hold of the baby. There are a couple of good reasons for this 1. If mum is at ease it helps relax the baby 2. Just holding a baby will help you bond with it and looking into those eyes and checking it's little hands and feet will help you fall in love with their baby which will translate into your pictures.

I also prefer to take the studio to them, as Mum is still adjusting and baby is just getting used to their surroundings they generally feel more at ease. As most baby photos will be just in a diaper (saves a lot of mess) make sure the room is nice and warm this will also help baby relax. Once the room is warm have some back ground music going that mum would normally listen too or if the baby is less than 7 days old a recording of a heart beat can be very effective.

When planning a time to take newborn photographs try and find out what time baby feeds around, this will be around about time but at least it gives you an Idea most baby's will feed every 2 hours be milk drunk for a little while which is a great time to put them in positions with eyes open. Then probably go back to sleep until the next feed. You need to allow time for feedings when booking also nappy changes and vomit changes. (not just the baby)

These are just a few things to consider, for more tips on Baby photography read my next article on newborn photography which I will be publishing in one week.

Author
Paul Henry
http://www.paulhenryphotography.com.au/newborn.html
Newborn Photographer based on the gold coast of Australia.

Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Paul_Simon_D_Henry/1363173



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7746150

Comments

Popular Posts