When to Take Photos of a Newborn Baby and How to Schedule the Photo Shoot by Amber Sharee Bauerle


As a professional Newborn photographer, when do you tell your clients to book their photo sessions and how do you manage this? This is a very common question that many pregnant women ask. As a baby photographer myself,..
I have many pregnant women call me wondering how to schedule their newborn appointment. Of course a pregnant woman doesn't know when she is going to deliver her baby, so scheduling a newborn appointment can become an interesting task.

First you have to decide how old you want the baby to be when you actually do the newborn photography session. My opinion is within the first 10 days of birth you should be taking the baby's photos for the best results. That is what I tell my clients, but with that said even just as recently as this week when I was taking photos of an 8 day old and she was so strong and alert that I had to be quite aggressive (in a soft way of course) just to get a wrap around her! I started thinking about it, why not have the new mother come the day she is out of the hospital? A new mother actually has more energy right when they come out of the hospital because they have been laying in a bed with nurses helping them for a few days. Many mothers are excited to get back to the real world and to their home with their new baby. After a week or more of being home is when many times these new mothers start to lose energy as they are getting up at night without the help from nurses anymore. So scheduling the newborn appointment for the day after the mother gets out of the hospital is the best case scenario for the mother and the newborn photographer as the baby will still be super sleepy.

So how do you go about scheduling this? Now days, there are many women that have an induction planned so you can plan the photography shoot around that accordingly, but you still don't know if she will have the baby earlier than that, so how do you prepare to be able to fit that newborn photography session in? What works best for me is I setup the newborn appointment for two tentative weeks and I mark it on my calendar as an "all day appointment". So I know when I look at my calendar that I have a tentative newborn photography appointment that most likely will happen sometime within those two weeks. To make sure a photographer will have enough time to fit the newborn photography appointment in, just make sure you only have a certain amount of tentative newborn appointments scheduled every week. I will never have more than 2 tentative scheduled a week, so I know that no matter what other photography sessions I have going on during that week, I can still squeeze in a couple of newborn photography appointments.

It's very important to me as a renowned newborn photographer that I am photographing the newborn within those first 10 days, otherwise I don't feel I can get the photos that I need and want for the parents and for my own portfolio.

I am Amber Sharee Bauerle and a Utah Newborn Photographer. I am so passionate about newborn photography, I would love it if you came and took a peek at my website!!!!:)

And if you go to my blog and leave me a comment, it would make my day!! I offer a do follow blog and really appreciate and love to read any comments. I do lots of other photography as well besides Newborn Photography in Utah I hope to see you there!

Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Amber_Sharee_Bauerle/1274872



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6873813

Comments

Popular Posts